Thursday, January 6, 2011

13 January - Intro. Special Topic: Goals, Aspirations, Strengths and Weaknesses

I have always loved people.  I love "people watching" and meeting new people.  I love learning about and talking about others backgrounds, beliefs, cultures....etc.  People are just great.  It's great to get to know them.  But the best thing about people is that they can change you.  They can make a difference, they have made a difference.

And so, because, people, being who they are, having inspired me just by living.  I have been inspired to be the one to make a difference.  I've had this dream for quite a while now, and as a teacher, I feel that I can help accomplish this goal.

Some of people that I admire so much are none other than children.  They're people too!  They influence me in so many ways.  I love their innocence and eagerness to learn.  I want to be there for them, and to, in return influence them.  I dream to be the kind of teacher that they reciprocate the feeling.

I feel like I'm good at connecting with children.  I just love to be their friends.  I think this is a strength and a weakness.  A strength because, obviously, not everyone likes kids.  Some can't even stand them.  It's a weakness in a sense that I care too much about what they think of me.  When really, it doesn't matter.

I'm good at computers.  I'm looking forward to this class just because I know it will come easily to me.  Technology is so amazing and wonderful and I quote Kip when I say "I love technology!"

I'm somewhat of a procrastinator though.  In training to become a teacher will definitely help me to stop this habit!....hopefully.

So that's a little bit about me.   

“A dream you dream alone is only a dream. A dream you dream together is reality.” - John Lennon
Together, we can all make our dreams of becoming teachers reality!

No comments:

Post a Comment