What?
Last time we learned A LOT! Well, for the class it was. A lot of it was stuff I already knew how to do from Doc Waters' class before. We learned how to create a Google Doc, Presentation, Form and Spreadsheet. We also learned how to make "pretty links" which I didn't know how to do. She showed us Google Chat as well which was a lot of fun. We went into Google Calendar for a little bit as well and we were able to make our calendars private.
So what?
As a teacher, this means so much (what it really means is "Oh good, this is going to make my life a lot easier). It is SO wonderful that we can just do all these things online and forget about flash drives and the stress of buying Microsoft software. I have used Google Docs in the past. I love writing, and maybe someday I'll actually publish something. Sometimes I just feel the need to write. So, I've made a private google documents before that I can access from ANYWHERE whenever I feel the need to write! It's amazing!
Now What?
Google Chat was really fun in class, we were very entertained by that. Chatting online is just fun no matter how old you are. I think it will be a great way to comminicate with my students. I can say when I'll be online and if they have questions on an assignment we can chat. Also, it would be fun to do a collaborative assignment like we're doing in class right now. Also, collaboritive flyers and announcements can be made my a grade of teachers and then send it out to parents.
I think that just understanding that these resources are available to me, and knowing how to use them well be a huge advantage to me as a teacher. If I know of these resources then I become a resource to those around me.
No comments:
Post a Comment