I think technology is powerful. However I can see how it can be good and bad. I personally think it's great! Why not experience the new cell phones and ipads and i(insert word here) gadgets!? I think it's fun to learn about the new things that new technology can do. However, on the opposite end of the spectrum, technology to some can be dangerous and addictive.
In the classroom, I feel like we can use technology in moderation for good and for fun! It makes learning fun. We all like to do things that are fun, right? As a kid, and even now, I still love technology. It really is fun to me, and it is to most kids. To incorporate technology (such as youtube videos, podcast/vidcasts - teacher and student made - remotes, gadgets) is to incorporate fun and interest. Fun and interest = exciting learning.
I also think that if we let technology take over, like I learned in one of the videos, we will soon have computers who are smarter than we are. If we allow technology to run everything about our lives, we will all end up as a bunch of vegetables who can't do anything for ourselves anymore and who can barely think for themselves - or think at all! If we let technology take over our lives, then we as teachers and as students could become lazy individuals. Distractions will form, which could lead to unhealthy addictions. Technology is exciting yes, but just like with anything really, we must be careful with how we use it and be aware of what it can cause.
No comments:
Post a Comment