Thursday, February 10, 2011

10 February - Vidcasts

What?
This week we learned about Vidcasts.  We also learned about this really cool program called PhotoStory.  It's a really neat way to make slideshows and movies with music and captions.

So What?
I think this will be an excellent piece of knowledge that I will be using for the rest of my life.  I have always wondered how people make those cute movies - and now I know how!  I'll definitely be using Vidcasts for school assignments and projects I do on my own - maybe for a wedding or a family reunion or something like that.

Now What?
Vidcasts are fun.  I think my future students will love viewing them and creating them.  I also think it's a new great way for them to express themselves as well.  I think it'll be fun to use Vidcasts in my classroom so that students can see a piece of my personal life while I teach - this way I'll become more real to them.  It'll also be fun for me to see a bit of who they really are outside of school.  One way I could use Vidcasts in my classroom could be a "Spotlight" type of project.  Students could make a Vidcast instead of a poster to tell about themselves.   All in all, I'm very excited about Vidcasts and can't wait to incorporate them in my classroom!

No comments:

Post a Comment