What?
In class, we learned a bout Copyrights and what can happen to you should you "get caught"!
So What?
Well, now that I know I could be facing up to 5 years in jail and fines of up to $500,000, I'll definitely be more careful in my selections of movies, music and pictures in my projects, reports and activities (outside of class). It was really interesting to learn about all of the different Copyright laws / acts that were developed over the years.
Now What?
In my future classroom, whenever showing movies I will definitely be sure to get permission from the movie company themselves. I would rather wait a week or two for a letter in the mail than face 5 years in prison. I also think it'll be important to educate my future students about these Copyright laws as well so that they realize that it's not just something that they should brush to the side. It's important to learn about because Copyrights are LAWS just like speed limits and community rules. After learning about these Copyright laws, I think we all will think twice about the next time we borrow a movie from a neighbor or show something to a mass crowd.
No comments:
Post a Comment