Tuesday, February 1, 2011

3 February - Podcasts

What?

We learned how to make a podcast, and what a podcast is (which is just a recording available on the web).  The easiest way we (me and Chris) figured was to record a voice note on one of our cell phones and then email it to ourselves.  We learned some other ways to do it also, one of them was by using a program that only Mac computers have.

So What?

We learned this so that one day we will be able to take advantage of them in our classrooms.  Podcasts can be used in some of my other classes, it would be a creative way to do a final project or the likes of that.  It's cool that you can just record something and then post it on the web for all to hear!  Forget trying out for American Idol, I'll just send them a podcast of me singing!

Now What?

Using podcasts will come in handy for my future students.  I can use podcasts for announcements, assignments or even greetings!  Once it's online, anyone can access it, including parents and other teachers!  It would also be fun for my students to learn about and create their own podcasts and use them for their own assignments.  Knowing about this technology opens up a whole new variety of new ways to view school, homework and assignments.  I feel like this is fun.  I think that podcasts could also be an aid to students struggling in class, if they don't remember what was taught in class, I can record my classes and podcast them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment